Are you a landscape yard or landscape supplies business looking for more than just a POS (Point of Sale) system?
Foresiight’s leading software for the landscape supplies industry ProfiitPlus is so much more than just a POS solution. It’s a complete all-in-one business management software solution. But what’s the difference? Let’s take a look.
POS vs business management software
Point of Sale (POS) in very simple terms is a digital cash register, a physical location where customers can purchase products or services. Most typically, POS transactions take place in bricks and mortar retail stores like landscape yards or service businesses such as cafes, beauty salons, hairdressers and so on.
POS functionality can vary but will include processing payments in various forms and may also record and track customer orders and manage promotions and loyalty programs.
On the other hand, business management software (sometimes known as ERP software) will do all of this and so much more. Business management software encompasses functions throughout your business not just at point of sale. Let’s take a look:
|POS||Business management software|
|Process invoices and take payments||✓||✓|
|Quoting and complex sales workflows||✗||✓|
|Purchasing and stock control||?||✓|
|Supplier Electronic Price Guide||✗||✓|
|Accounting and finance reporting||✗||✓|
|Access from anywhere||?||✓|
|Comprehensive reporting and analysis||✗||✓|
|Multiple sales channels||✗||✓|
Advantages of business management software for landscape yards
You can see from the above comparison table how business management software works throughout the functions of a business but what are the key advantages of this for landscape yards? Let’s take a look?
- Optimise workflow processes
- Instantly access critical business data from any location
- Share data and insights across all business functions
- Automate and integrate operations
- Eliminate manual data entry
- Maximise operational efficiency
- Gain competitive edge
Landscape yard functionality
With Foresiight’s leading business management software ProfiitPlus, You will benefit from a solution that has been customised to meet the specific needs of the landscape yard industry. These include:
• Support for unlimited ratio stock items – sell by the tonne, the cubic metre, quarter metre, trailer or bucket
• Generate new stock items and update existing products with quick and easy bulk editing tools
• Buy and sell in different units of measure – for example, purchase by the tonne and sell by the metre
• Choice between trade invoicing or cash register style screen for front counter sales
• Create quotes, job cards, special orders and invoices
• Easy drop-shipping – take turf orders or blocks and pavers orders at the counter, and create purchase orders on-the-fly to deliver straight to site
• Use the Booking Diary to schedule deliveries at POS
• Keep in touch with your customers with integrated SMS and email functionality
• Print delivery dockets including weight, size and delivery instructions
• Import electronic price file updates from your suppliers
• Accommodate commercial, trade, council and retail pricing with flexible pricing structures
• Create special pricing structures for individuals or groups of customers
• Manufacturing processes for re-potting as plants grow and increase in value
To find out more about Foresiight’s leading business management software ProfiitPlus, for landscape yards, simply call us on 1800 061 670 or use our easy contact form to tell us about your business and we’ll be in touch.