At Foresiight, we’ve been providing business management software solutions for small businesses in Brisbane and throughout Australia for over 35 years.
If you are a small to medium sized business based in Brisbane, Queensland or in Australia, it’s a good idea to research and compare software providers based in Australia who can provide local support and who understand Australian small business.
Integrating your business operations with business management software such as ProfiitPlus, is key to business success. If you are currently using multiple software products across different parts of your business that don’t integrate properly you will know all too well the inefficiencies that occur in daily operations. These inefficiencies impact your business significantly and essentially result in lost profit.
This is the case for many clients that come to Foresiight looking for a software solution to help them to take control of their small to medium sized businesses.
What does integration mean?
When we talk about “integration” there of three core business functions that should work together. They are accounting/finance, stock control and sales. With the right business management software in place, these are automated and integrated so that data is seamlessly inputted, shared and updated across each.
For small to medium sized businesses there are a range of business functions that often operate in silos and do not “talk” to each other. These may include:
- • General Ledger
- • Accounting
- • Sales &/or Point of Sale
- • CRM & Customer Service
- • Supplier & Supply Chain Management
- • Inventory Control
- • Job Costing
- • Staff Timesheets
- • Manufacturing
- • Payroll & HR
- • Fixed Asset Management
- • Reporting & Analysis
All in one business management software integrates these functions resulting in business efficiencies you may not have thought possible.
The benefits of integration
Now that we’ve covered the areas of your business that should be integrated, let’s take a look at the benefits of integration to your business and your bottom line. Is integration something that you really need or is it just another business buzz word? Is it something that you should invest in and will you see the return on your investment? There are multiple benefits including:
- • Workflow is simplified as customer service staff do not need to check the sales floor and/or stock room to answer customer queries. This significantly increases efficiency and means that staff can focus their time on customer service.
- • Stock control is crucial for business success and with the right business management software in place you will always understand what stock you are holding and what stock you need to meet customer demand based on past trends. This reduces the risk of stock overs and unders and unhappy customers when their needs are not met.
- • Manage staff with scheduling and time sheeting functions to ensure correct staffing levels for peak and off-peak times and accurate tracking of hours worked by each team member which results in less payroll errors.
- • Automate operations so that there is no need for manual tracking with spreadsheets and laborious stock counts. This reduces head hours and vastly improves business efficiency.
- • Reporting will be accurate, automated and available in real time from wherever you are. It will provide a holistic view of your business enabling you to make informed and intelligent decisions to take your business to the next level.
Based in Brisbane, the Foresiight team of business consultants work with small to medium sized businesses across a broad range of industries. Some of the key industries that we work in include tools and hardware, pharmacy, landscape supplies, automotive, irrigation supplies and more.
Get further information on Foresiight’s leading small business software ProfiitPlus or use our simple online form and we will be in touch.