Do you run a pumping and irrigation business in Australia? Are you ready to take your business to the next level? Are you looking to streamline and grow your business in 2024?
The irrigation and pumping industry has changed significantly in recent years with the introduction of new innovations such as drone technology, the extreme Australian climate and the digitisation of the way that we all work.
If you’re feeling like your business operations are out of control, we can help. We work with pumping and irrigation businesses like yours throughout Australia to do just that. Our flagship business management software ProfiitPlus – featured in Irrigation Australia – has been customised for your industry over 35 years of development.
What is Business Management Software?
The term Business Management Software can also be used interchangeably with ERP software which stands for “Enterprise Resource Planning”. The term ERP was originally coined and for big corporations but has become more mainstream so that now either ERP or business management software are applicable terms for SMEs.
Now that we’ve covered the terms, what exactly is business management software anyway?
Business management software is an all-in-one system used to manage all, or most, areas of your business. Business management software is designed to streamline, manage and integrate operations across:
- Inventory Management
- Warehouse Management
- eCommerce integration
- Customer Service
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Does my Irrigation Business Need Business Management Software?
Is business management software a luxury or a necessity? The answer to this question really depends on whether you want your business to run efficiently and effectively. Of course, you do!
What we often find is that start up irrigation and pumping supplies business can run their businesses reasonably efficiently using different systems – for example an accounting system, a sales system and so on – only for a very limited amount of time.
Once your irrigation and pumping business starts to grow, your disparate systems will start to hold it back and it’s at this point you know that you need an integrated, all-in-one solution.
Signs that you need business management software
When we speak with owners and operations managers of irrigation and pumping supplies organisations, there are always a number of common, tell-tale signs they need centralised business management software. Do any of these apply to your irrigation business?
- Your business is successful. To see the most benefit of business management software on your irrigation business, you will be successful and have grown to a certain size with a level of complexity involved in your operations.
- You have disconnected processes. One thing preventing you from being more successful, is that your processes are disconnected. You may have a service team who are out on jobs and using parts but your stock management system doesn’t know what part they have used and therefore what or when to replenish. The two processes are completely disconnected.
- You use lots of spreadsheets. While spreadsheets definitely have their place, they also have their limitations. Really only designed for a few people to work on them at any one time. Any more than that and you will see data discrepancies that can cause operational issues.
- There’s a lot of human error. On those spreadsheets, the nature of them is that they are independent files, requiring manual data entry and therefore prone to human error.
- Data is out of date. When you look for key reports, you are looking at data that is already out of date making it challenging to make informed business decisions.
- You are time poor. All business owners are time poor, it’s a given. But if you are time poor because you are spending time on manual processes that could be automated then you are missing a real opportunity to work on your irrigation business instead of in it.
We’re Ready to Help
Foresiight has the business management software to help your irrigation business grow with industry customisations to suit.
To get started, simply get in touch with us on 1800 061 670 or using our irrigation contact form.